Very Satisfied Repeat Campers
We first camped at this campground 19 years ago, and have come back year after year if our work scheduled allowed. We've been here the last five years straight. We've also camped at several other campgrounds in the area, and Crawford Notch Campground is without question, the best.
There are several nice campgrounds in the area (including across the border into Maine), but when you sum up everything, it's some of the small details that keep pushing CNC to the top of the list.
Some of the notable points are:
- You're treated like family, especially for returning campers.
- The campground is quite large, and virtually all campsites are nicely nestled in the trees. Provides shade, but the breeze blows gently throughout.
- Their general store has everything that you might forget, and the primary things you would remember to bring. While you choice of major grocery stores and Walmart in North Conway obviously have a greater selection, the prices at the general store aren't much more expensive.
- Other than the campsites along the highway (many of which are camper sites or cabins), you can't hear the traffic. This is most likely due to the relatively dense forest throughout, which prevents sound from carrying through.
- The showers and bathrooms are quite nice. Hot showers! Yes, you can't quite turn it all the way up or you'll burn yourself.
- Security is excellent, with a gate that stops allowing entering vehicles after 10pm, and the management does periodic patrols both day and night to ensure everything is fine.
- You can wade, swim and fish in the Saco river, hike along the riverbank, and ride a bike on the trails throughout the campsite and visit the beaver pond. There are several hiking trails within 5 minutes drive in both directions.
Definitely a super campsite!
Why the glowing review? Because we've camped all over for more than 40 years, and are very finicky campers. Meaning, it the place isn't satisfactory, we don't go back. Coming back here for 20 years!